Home Remedies for weight Loss

 Home Remedies for weight Loss



I have been on the weight loss journey for almost 4 years now. I started when I was between 14-16. I began by eating less and being active. At the time I made a big sacrifice to lose weight, eating only healthy, whole foods and being active for at least 30 minutes a day. I had already lost 13lbs by March 2010. Since then I lost another 20lbs. Since April 2010 I have now lost a total of 75lbs! I will never say where I started from. I just wanted to be healthier and feel better, as I did in the first 6 months after my initial 90lb weight loss. Now it is January 2017. I am just 54lbs away from where I started from, which is kind of amazing.

I believe in becoming the best version of myself and living a fulfilling life, so weight loss seems to be a natural part of this process. The only time I have had some sort of weight gain was back in my early stages. I had no intentions to gain back that weight. I would usually take a break, my family would give me a week off from eating all my “bad foods” and I would go out for a run or go on a HIIT workout. 

I knew that I was completely “Gifting” myself on the weight loss end. The problem was the weight gain. I took the weight loss idea so far too far. I was eating the food that I saw my friends eating. Hiring a trainer to teach me the Keto diet. Cutting out all the refined sugars from my diet. Cutting out all the processed foods from my diet. Stopping drinking alcohol. Drinking soda. Going to the grocery store on the weekend. Making fast food fast food fast food fast food food. Buying fast food. Buying fast food.

 They had already left it out in the front of my house so on any break to eat at my house I would walk into the kitchen, be excited about what was in there, I would pick a few little things up then walk out with my takeaway food. Now, I am on the slowdown of my weight loss journey. I like foods, I love to eat and I love to be healthy. A healthy lean body takes time. You can’t just suddenly change the new habits that you set up or the new way of thinking to your exercise. It takes time. You do not want to be in a position where you are eating more and gaining weight.



Now, since I have my done I have learned that there is a lot more to losing weight. Obesity is not defined by one specific eating disorder. It is no different from diabetes. There are a few risks that the American Health Association had earlier brought forth in their guidelines. Overweight and obesity raises the risk of the following chronic health problems. Diabetes raises the risk of having type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoarthritis, and certain cancers. Fatigue raises the risk of having fatigue disorders, bladder infections, endometrial disorders, myofascial changes, colon cancer, osteoarthritis, sleep disorders, osteoporosis, and prostate cancer. Unhealthy weight gain and obesity also increases the risk of premature death from respiratory infections, cancer, and cardiovascular disease.


 It also increases the risk of early death from diabetes and colon cancer. Furthermore, the heart disease and stroke rates increase the risk of premature death from cardiovascular disease, cancer, and respiratory infection. It has also been found that weight loss can be followed by a reduction in risk of diabetes, so if one were to want to adopt a healthy diet that helps eliminate the risk of obesity that would be a good start. From there one would gain immunity from the changes to the blood.


I now live outside my hometown. My age is 23 and my height is 4'2. I am still getting out of my comfort zone as I move forward in my weight loss journey. The new connection that I made with my 2-year-old daughter inspired me to be more active. Yes, the pandemic has forced me to be more active. Now I try to be active in activities like dancing, cardio dancing, hikes, but I cannot do all that training. Where will I be in another 10 years?


I hope that I have lost half of the weight that I have in the beginning of my weight loss journey. Currently, I am at 54lbs. I have lost 50lbs. I enjoy staying active and always looking for new opportunities. There is still a lot of life yet to live.



Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu